Roasted Zucchini and Tomatoes
Recipe type: Main
- 2 zucchini cut in half lengthwise, then cut into ½-inch half moons
- 2 cups quartered ripe tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Combine the zucchini, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Place in preheated oven. Roast until vegetables are tender and slightly golden, about 18 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and basil.
This dish goes well with pot roast and mashed potatoes.