- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon minced onions
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 dashes of freshly crushed black pepper
- 2 anchovies (previously soaked in olive oil)
- 12 capers
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
Recipe – in 15 Simple Steps
Part 1 – Eggs
1. Place eggs in a pot of cold water that covers the eggs by an inch. 2. Turn heat to high and allow water to boil. 3. Immediately remove pot from heat, cover tightly and let eggs sit in hot water for 15 minutes. 4. Pour out hot water and run cold water over the eggs. 5. Peel eggs under running cold water. 6. Crack and peel each egg.
Part 2 – topping (mix)
7. Slice each egg in half, separate the center part of the egg white from the yolk, drop yolks into a bowl. 8. Add mayonnaise to yolks and use a fork to mash yolks and stir in mayonnaise, keep doing this until the texture is creamy. 9. Add onions, used fork to mash the onions in and continue to stir. 10. Stir in mustard powder, black pepper and salt. 11. Fold a few anchovies and lay on top of one another in the center of the plate. 12. Add capers to the top of the anchovies.
Part 3 – finishing touch and enjoyment
13. Place egg whites in a circle. 14. Spoon in the egg yolk mix into each egg white. 14. Sprinkle paprika over each deviled egg. 15. Enjoy!
Did I tell you this was one of Thomas Jefferson’s favorite dishes?